Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Monday, October 19, 2015

The Martian (2015)






Directed by: Ridley Scott

Written by: Drew Goddard & Andy Weir (novel)

Starring: Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, & Kristen Wiig







Matt Damon is stuck in space again.  Well, Mars actually.

The Martian is pretty much just that, as well as how to get him home before he dies.

Now I've never been a huge fan of Damon.  (He seems a little cocky right?)  Anyway, I still saw the film because it has Michael Peña, and I love him.  Anyway, the film was pretty good, but recently there have been no bad space films.  At least for me there haven't.

Now I'm pretty sure you can figure out the ending and essentially the whole film without watching it by just knowing what it is about.  It isn't rocket science.  Get it?  ;D

The actor's performances were believable.  I was iffy at first with Wiig starring in a more dramatic role, but she still brought some comedy and it worked out in her favor.

Pretty much everything was good.  There aren't any main negatives other than I didn't feel much emotion about his situation.  If I cried, I'd give it 5 popcorns, but I didn't.  So 4 it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment