Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Pan (2015)







Directed by: Joe Wright

Written by: Jason Fuchs

Starring: Levi Miller, Hugh Jackman, & Garrett Hedlund






I wasn't expecting much when I first came to see this film.  I had heard it was bad, but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

There were many negative qualities that this film possessed, but lets first begin with the positives.
1) Garrett Hedlund is hot.
2) The cinematography is amazing.

That about sums it up.

As for the negatives, I think it is at the fault of the director and writer.  Despite the beautiful shots, the editing was half good, half bad.  Probably due to them having hired two editors.  Another film problem is the acting.  The actors performed horribly.  The most realistic performance was by the newcomer Miller, while everyone else was overacting, probably because they were in Neverland.

Another horrible thing, was the "never birds."  When those birds came out, I was just said..."What the f__k is that?"  It did not match the style of anything else in the film.  Their eyes were popping out and it was a skeleton with feathers!  It was ridiculous.  Those birds made it go down one popcorn, it was that terrible.

But what really made the whole movie bad was the combination of existing world attributes and Neverland's attributes.  I'm not saying you cannot mix fantasy with reality, but they mixed it incorrectly.  It was if Wright was trying to imitate Moulin Rogue with modern songs sung by the pirates.  Another reason why it probably didn't work is because when I think of Peter Pan, I think of the Disney movie.  And therefore I base my whole premise on the Disney films.  Warner Bros. tried to make their own story and it failed miserably.

This movie gets a kernel.  Don't see it ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment