Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Steve Jobs (2015)







Directed by: Danny Boyle

Written by: Aaron Sorkin & Walter Isaacson (novel)

Starring: Michael Fassbender, Kate Winslet, & Seth Rogen






I've seen Ashton Kutcher play Steve Jobs and now Michael Fassbender.  Who's next?

Before I begin, I must admit that I missed the first 5 to 10 minutes of the film.  (I was running a little late.)  And also I fell asleep a couple of times.  Not sure if that was because I didn't really like this film or I was tired.  Probably both.

I felt that the actors gave a great performance, but I was just over all the fighting that was taking place.  This film put Jobs in a bad light, which I heard was true for the most part.  He was difficult to work with and had a struggling relationship with his family at the beginning, but this film left out how he changed over time.

I'm more of a "show me, don't tell me" type of person.  This film told me too much, and barely showed me anything.  It was pretty much Jobs fighting with everyone.  And I mean everyone from his assistant to his daughter.  There was so much dialogue, I would space out.  I started thinking about what I was going to eat for dinner and where I was going to go shopping. Then if you missed a piece of the argument, you seemed to miss the whole thing so I just waited for the next one to begin.

Perhaps I need to rewatch it to love it,  but for now 3 popcorns.  I expected more.  But this film has split reviews.  You either love it or hate it.  So you never know, you might like it...



No comments:

Post a Comment