Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Get Out (2017)






Directed by: Jordan Peele

Written by: Jordan Peele

Starring: Daniel Kaluuya & Allison Williams




At first I didn't think this was 5 popcorns.  I didn't feel anything about it and I wasn't super shocked by the ending, but...then I saw a Buzzfeed article that changed everything.

In the Buzzfeed article, that you can see here, it basically says all the hidden secret things the film had.  I missed most of them and thought it was very creative after that.  I love foreshadowing and puns in films.

So the film had a lot of these, boosting up the popcorn rating.  In addition, the storyline is very creative.  I thought it was going to be about white people enslaving blacks as their slaves using hypnosis as the best friend said, but it's more Sci-Fi than that.

Even though the film is intense, the best friend Rod (played by LilRel Howery) eases the tension throughout the film.  Not sure that I like the tension being eased though.  But maybe Peele put it in in order to not disappoint audience members just in case the tension was too big to fulfill everyone's expectations.

5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment