Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)




Directed by: Zack Snyder

Written by: Chris Terrio, David S. Goyer, Bob Kane (Batman), Bill Finger (Batman), Jerry Siegel (Superman), & Joe Shuster (Superman)

Starring: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, & Amy Adams







I felt that the best parts of this film were the portions with Wonder Woman; could be because I'm a feminist.  But she was awesome.

Anyway, I really liked this film and felt it gave us a little bit of everything, which some could see as a bad thing.  The film was more of a part 2 to Man of Steel, but then focused on Batman and then went to introducing new characters for DC Comics future movies such as Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and so forth...

Henry Cavill was dreamy as always when playing Superman and I was pleased on how they ended it overall.  I think Ben Affleck's performance as Batman was probably the best Batman there has been thus far.  He really focused on the pain that Batman has been through with his childhood, which feels like a main factor for his character flaw.

Jesse Eisenberg plays Lex Luthor and to be honest, it's just like all his other smart-ass roles that he has previously played.  Nothing special about this performance.  But since it's usually consistent, I'm starting to wonder if that's just his personality.

Like I said, love Wonder Woman.  Gal Gadot was great.  According to the person I went with, not as great as Linda Carter, but pretty good.  The difference is that, because it is a Zack Snyder film, everything is darker and to the person I went with, Wonder Woman was too dark.  I don't think so though.  I thought it worked.

There's a portion of the film that reveals the future DC Comic films like stated previously.  It did seem awkward in the film, but it was probably the only way that they could introduce the future films other than with trailers.  It did look pretty cool though and I'm so looking forward to them.

Overall the film seemed to be complete.  It explained why Batman is versus Superman and what Lex Luthor is up to.  The person I went with though missed the reason why, so that just tells us they should have dragged it out at the beginning or restated the reason later on in the film to remind the audience.

There was a time in the middle of the film where it was dragging.  I almost fell asleep, but it sped back up again.  The whole film is really 4 1/2 popcorns, but I'm going to round it to 5, just because Cavill is gorgeous.  5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment