Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015)





Directed by: Francis Lawrence

Written by: Peter Craig, Danny Strong, & Suzanne Collins (novel/adaptation)

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, & Liam Hemsworth






(So before I begin my review, I need to vent about the people I sat next to.  It's not a horrible experience, but it was super annoying.  The mother and daughter to the left was not that bad.  The mom asked a couple questions and smacked her lips a little bit, but once I gave her a dirty look, no more lip smacking during the movie.

But the people to my right.  Oh my gosh.  First, they came to me and asked me to move over so they could sit there.  The movie was packed, I was being nice, so I moved over.  Horrible mistake.  The seat I ended up sitting in was almost broken because the bottom portion was leaning forward, so I was at an awkward angle.  But I didn't notice as much because of the movie.  But then the husband would not stop asking stupid questions!   "What did she say?  Who's Plutarch?  Is that oil?  She's from "Game of Thrones."  I knew that was gonna happen."  Then at the end, he says, "That movie was boring."  It was because you kept talking the whole time!  Not to mention he looked like a boring politician who would get into a fight about soup.  The wife even looked annoyed and you know she liked the film, but agreed with him because he seemed like a negative pushy close minded person.  Now, I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't have the right to judge him.  But when you keep talking during the movie about stupid stuff, that of course the wife doesn't know, like is that oil?  How she supposed to know?  She wasn't in the editing room.  Of course, I can see if she read the books, then she'd supposedly be an expert and could be why he asked those questions, but leave it for the end!  Leave it for the credits.  And the movie was only boring to him because 1) he's probably boring and 2) he is not the film's target audience in no way, shape, or form.  Phew.  Rant over, let the review begin.)

I love The Hunger Games.  I loved them since I read the books, saw the first movie, and I still love them after seeing this one.

So this may be another biased review since I read the books, but if you compare to The Scorch Trials review, it may not be.

The film starts off right where the last one left off.  If you don't remember the last one, rewatch it, or if you're short on time, ask the person next to you, not that you really need to because seeing Katniss will jog your memory.  But I just really liked it.

The cinematography was good.  The only shot I had a problem with was during this dancing scene where it seemed like the camera operator was having fun spinning around and the shot could be meant for a reel example rather than being important to the script.  It was a good shot, but it was annoying since it didn't lead to a nice transition for the next scene.

Editing and CGI was amazing.  I am pretty sure people did not recognize that Philip Seymour Hoffman at the end was computerized.  I mean you can see the difference, but if you didn't know that he didn't finish the films, you would have thought it was him.

Overall though, the real reason I love this film is because it was just like the book and I loved the book.  (Well kind of, except the killing of some characters. Ahem.)  Anyway, the film was creative in that they created some new scenes that were not in the novel.  But those scenes worked well with the plot and did not seem in any way unnecessary and actually seemed very useful.  Plus it had all of my favorite and important scenes, that luckily were not cut.  Also I'm a gushy fan girl that loves both Hutcherson and Hemsworth.  I am Team Peeta in the films, and Team Gale in the books.  It's a complicated relationship and I'm the same with Twilight, but I won't get into that.

Now, if you are a teenage girl, a young boy, a young adult woman or man, or a mom that loved Twilight, this film is for you.  Also if you've seen the other films then of course watch this one.  If you are an older man or senior citizen, this is not your film.  It is not targeted to you in any way unless you're a fan of Donald Sutherland or some other actor in the film. But seriously, watch the trailer.  If you like the trailer, you'll like the film.  And I did!  5 popcorns.


No comments:

Post a Comment