Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Good Dinosaur (2015)






Directed by: Peter Sohn

Written by: Peter Sohn, Erik Benson, Meg LeFauve, Kelsey Mann, & Bob Peterson

Starring: Raymond Ochoa & Jack Bright






I think out of all the Pixar movies I've seen, this one is the least liked.  I'm not trying to say it was the worst and make it sound bad because Pixar films are never bad, but every other Pixar film that has been made is better.

Arlo, the good dinosaur voiced by Ochoa, is the smallest and most cowardly of his family.  He tries to impress them, but he ends up being too scared to actually prove himself.  One day, his father grows tired of Arlo's fear and tries to make him stand up for himself, but fails.  Later, when Arlo gets separated from his family due to a caveman human named Spot, voiced by Bright, he has to face his fear if he is ever going to get home.

This movie is beautiful.  The colors, the lighting, the landscape are all gorgeous.  Some trees and water actually looked real; it was that amazing.

As for the actual plot, I was a little disappointed.  For some reason I thought it would be more heart wrenching.  Before seeing this film, I did get some sneak peaks from my school when a Pixar employee visited, but I didn't think that affected my viewpoint of this film.

The film kind of dragged and it seemed pretty obvious of what was going to happen.  Maybe it was supposed to be obvious, I mean it is a children's movie, but it was just a tad boring.  But still beautiful.  That's pretty much all I can say about it.  Boring and beautiful.  2 popcorns.




No comments:

Post a Comment