Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Baby Driver (2017)






Directed by: Edgar Wright

Written by: Edgar Wright

Starring: Ansel Elgort




Baby (Elgort) has dedicated himself to a life of crime to pay off his debts.  When he's all paid up, he plans on leaving the group, but Doc (Kevin Spacy) makes sure he cannot quit.  Combating his conscience, Baby needs to decide whether he can continue doing this life of crime or finally make a life for himself.

With fantastic music leading the way, Wright delivers an action packed film generating the question: is money all that matters?  Wright gives this great cast contrasting views on life and brings forth the reality that it can be very difficult to get out of bad situations.

Now I've seen Elgot in a couple of other movies and have liked him thus far.  My only complaint was that he was a crappy runner.  After seeing this film, he definitely improved on the speed and cool jumps, but his running form is a little strange.  But hey, who am I to judge?  I can't run, but I'm just saying it's something I noticed.

I overall like everything about this film.  The chemistry between Elgort and all the other actors is obvious.  Plus the music always seemed to coordinate with what was occurring and being inferred within the film.  But, I didn't think it was 5 popcorns.  I'm giving it 4, because to me, it isn't a "must see," it's a "you should see it because it's pretty good, but if you miss it, it's okay kind of film."  Not sure why.  I think it's because the film can be compared with other crime films whether the main actor has doubts about doing crime.  It doesn't feel fresh, but it is right?  With all the driving?  You decide.

4 popcorns.


*** Make sure to follow me to get a first look as to whether the film is worth it.  Click on "follow" in the left hand column.


No comments:

Post a Comment