Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Accountant (2016)





Directed by: Gavin O'Connor

Written by: Bill Dubuque

Starring: Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, & J.K. Simmons





Christian Wolff (Affleck) has autism.  It's hard for him to socialize and control his emotions, especially if he is unable to finish a particular task.  But he is able to participate in society as an accountant.  But he also has a hidden career that only one person knows about.  The government is after him because of his critical connections, but in an attempt to blend in, Wolff decides to take a safe accounting job for a no risk client, but it turns out to not be that safe.

(Sorry I've been MIA.  I actually saw this film weeks ago, but just haven't had the time to write my review.  But low and behold I found some time.  Yay!)

I thought this film was amazing.  Not necessarily for any special effects or cool camera work, but just the plot in general.  Affleck really brought this autistic character to life and his acting was amazing.  Plus this film had some parts that you really have to pay attention to in order to guess what's happening.  Otherwise you'll just be surprised at the end, which I was with one aspect of the film.  Technically there are two surprises, but I predicted the other one.

The only thing I had a problem with was Kendrick and Affleck's relationship.  I thought she was too young for it to be romantic.  But I was okay with how it turned out.

I hope they make a sequel.  In the meantime, 5 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment