Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)






Directed by: Mike Flanagan

Written by: Mike Flanagan & Jeff Howard

Starring: Elizabeth Reaser, Lulu Wilson, & Annalise Basso




I believe I didn't watch the first film so I'm not sure if they are related.  They probably are, but this review is specifically about this film only.

Alice Zander (Reaser) wants to spice up her fortune teller act by adding a Ouija board.  In an attempt to contact her late father, Doris (Wilson), Zander's youngest daughter, begins using the board, but unfortunately contacts something other than her dear loved one.  Eventually the "something" becomes powerful enough to take over Doris' body to the point where people begin dying and weird things start to happen.

I was very entertained.  This movie was not necessarily scary, but more creepy than anything.  There weren't many jumping scared parts, but the way the little girl acted was believable enough to send chills down your spine.

I was a little confused about the ending, but after clarification from the person I went with, I suppose it made more sense.  My issue was with how the character was acting, when it was out of her persona.

Even so, 4 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment