Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Me Before You (2016)





Directed by: Thea Sharrock

Written by: Jojo Moyes

Starring: Emilia Clarke & Sam Claflin








First off, I read the book Me Before You I.  I’m now on the second one, which is not as good.  I won’t say why because that will ruin the ending of this film. 

Louisa Clark (Clarke) is in desperate need of a job because she supports her family. When she goes to the job center, she is able to be employed by a wealthy family, the Traynors, to take care of their quadriplegic son, Will (Claflin), who has a lost a reason for living.

Emilia Clarke has such an expressive face that she is the perfect example of showing, not telling.  Her chemistry with Sam Claflin is great and does well with the events of the story. 

I didn’t see many technical problems with the film.  There may have been one shot that was a little blurry, but that could have been my vision going awry.  But it didn’t deter away from the story and this film made me cry at least three times. 

If you need a nice rom-com (more rom, than com) take a relaxing look at this film.  It'll make you get all the feels.

5 popcorns, mostly because I cried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment