Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Ride Along 2 (2016)





Directed by: Tim Story

Written by: Phil Hay, Matt Manfredi, & Greg Coolidge (characters)

Starring: Ice Cube & Kevin Hart







There isn't much to say about this film.  It's your typical action comedy  car film.

The brothers in law are back.  James Payton (Cube) is still a detective who's sister is going to marry Ben Barber (Hart).  After finding a dealer, they try to find the supplier who is suspected to be in Miami.  Despite the wedding day approaching, Hart accompanies Cube to Florida.  After doing some research, they discover that their so called supplier may actually be a much bigger deal than first assumed.

Everything was okay.  There were a few chuckles out of me during Hart's jokes, but nothing that had me clutching my side.  There was a brief romantic interest in the film and nice cars.  The film just isn't that amazing.

For example, I know I saw the first film.  But I can't remember anything about it other than that these two actors were in it.  It's going to be the same thing for this film in a couple of months.  I'll have to reread my review to remember.  It's just one of those films you forget.  If you don't see it, you're not missing much.

1 popcorn.


No comments:

Post a Comment