Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Monday, January 4, 2016

The Hateful Eight (2015)





Directed by: Quentin Tarantino

Written by: Quentin Tarantino

Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, & Jennifer Jason Leigh







Well this is definitely a Tarantino film.  It has all the aspects: gore, language, odd storyline...

The Hateful Eight takes place in Wyoming in the middle of a blizzard.  An unintended blizzard for that matter.  Major Marquis Warren (Jackson), a bounty hunter and veteran, happens upon a carriage filled with John Ruth (Russell), also a bounty hunter, and his catch, Daisy Domergue (Leigh).  Russell decides to let him ride in his carriage as they make their way towards Rockville to cash in their findings.  Unfortunately, a blizzard starts and they get stuck with five others in a cabin.  Let's just say the rest of the film doesn't go well for our characters.

The film was shot beautifully, but for the first hour and a half, I was bored.  Now let me remind you that this film is almost three hours long.  I think the reason I was bored was because there was not enough action at the beginning.  Tarantino was creating the backstory and there was a lot of talking.  But once they get to the cabin, it starts to pick up and then becomes a great film!  I mean, Tarantino does make great films.

It was everything I expected, other than the boring first hour and a half.  But I don't think I can watch it again without some time in between.  I mean I was fidgeting and it's a lot to take in.  As the person I went with said when I asked if they liked it, "It's different."  So I'll leave you with that.  It's different.  4 popcorns.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete