Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Friday, January 29, 2016

Dirty Grandpa (2016)






Directed by: Dan Mazer

Written by: John Phillips

Starring: Robert De Niro & Zac Efron







This film was hilarious.  I haven't seen a film this funny since Bridesmaids.  Dirty Grandpa revolves around a grandfather and grandson adventure to Boca.  Dick Kelly (De Niro) lost his wife and as consolation convinces his grandson Jason (Efron) to drive him to Boca since he had his driver's license taken away.  Jason agrees, but little does he know that what Kelly really wants to do is sleep with a college girl.  Jason gets taken on this wild ride, while Dick is trying to keep himself and his grandson young at heart.

Robert De Niro, to me, was the one that made this film.  He seems to be doing films that are geared towards a younger audience these days, first with The Intern and now this.  He was the one that had the great one liners.  Efron pretty much was the consequence of well everything.  Things you would never expect to happen, happen and it's just hilarious.

I was initially going to give this 4 popcorns, but I decided it is really worth 5 since I did cry this last time I saw it.  It was that funny.  I've seen it twice and am planning to see it once more.

But I will say that there were a few shots that I felt should have been held a little longer. Also the first time I saw this film, these two elderly women walked out.  It's pretty dirty, hence the title.  So if you're not into, let's say Jackass films beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment