Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Vacation (2015)







Directed by: John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein

Written by: John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein

Starring: Ed Helms & Christina Applegate






I love the Griswolds.  They are quirky, funny, and original.  My favorite film with them is Vegas Vacation.  I just can't get enough of it.

When it comes to this film though, the plot and the characters were true to their origins.  Ed Helms was definitely Rusty and Leslie Mann was definitely Audrey.  I really appreciated how they kept to their characters original personalities.

As for the new characters, they definitely added to the story and expanded the adventures such as new romance, the struggle of siblings, and just all around realistic problems that married couples go through.  But, at the same time, there are also problems that would probably never happen to me or you.  Not that I'm saying they couldn't happen.

To cut things short, I liked this film, but I still love Vegas Vacation more.  Therefore it gets 3 popcorns.  Mostly because the funny parts of the film can be seen in the trailer.  There are a couple additional ones, but just watch the trailer and you pretty much watched the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment