Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)






Directed by: Christopher McQuarrie

Written by: Christopher McQuarrie

Starring: Tom Cruise







I don't know about this film.  I haven't seen all the other Mission: Impossible ones.  I've only seen this one and the previous one so maybe that is why the film was a little confusing.

If you haven't seen it, this film revolves around rogue agents, hence the name Rogue Nation.  The premise is to figure out who is rogue and who is still loyal.  Tom Cruise's character Ethan Hunt is on a mission to destroy the Syndicate, who is out to destroy the organization that he works for: the IMF.

The film definitely had action and some humor provided by Simon Pegg, but there were parts that dragged.  I also didn't like how the beginning of the film just sprang into this issue of the Syndicate.  Maybe I needed more explanation of the group in the beginning of the film.  Or maybe I was supposed to watch the other films beforehand.  Either way, it was not my cup of tea.

As for the camera shots, most of them were good.  My favorite was the ones attached to the motorcycles during the car chases.  Least favorite was a huge close up on Alec Baldwin's face.  Too close if you ask me.  No offense Mr. Baldwin.

Overall, if was an okay film.  I wouldn't see it again.  Therefore I give it, 3 popcorns.  In other words, go in the morning when there are cheaper tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment