Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Trainwreck (2015)





Directed by: Judd Apatow

Written by: Amy Schumer

Starring: Amy Schumer & Bill Hader







Overall, I wasn't impressed with this film.  I thought it'd be funnier.  One of my friends saw it and said it was as good as Bridesmaids.  It wasn't.  Nope, not even close.

Don't get me wrong, others loved it and thought it was hilarious.  The whole theater was laughing at the right parts, but those parts made me smile.  I don't want to smile.  I want to laugh and clutch my stomach in pain.  
If you don't know, Trainwreck is about Amy (Amy Schumer) who doesn't practice monogamy.  She sleeps around, drinks, parties, and does drugs.  She's living the life.  But once she meets Adam (Bill Hader), that type of life doesn't appeal to her anymore.  She has her ups and downs, and eventually she figures out what she truly wants.  

For Schumer's debut, it wasn't bad.  Both characters had chemistry and fit well with all the others.  I didn't really understand the meaning behind the movie with Daniel Radcliffe and Marisa Tomei, but hey!  Whatever gets the scene going I guess.  John Cena was looking hot as always and LeBron James probably impressed me the most with his acting skills.  Or was he just acting like himself?  

The cinematography was traditional along with the plot of any romantic comedy.  Even though this film isn't one of my favorites, congrats to Amy Schumer for getting it out there.  

I give it 3 Popcorns.  In other words, go in the morning when the ticket prices are the cheapest.  It isn't worth more than $7, if that.





No comments:

Post a Comment