Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Allied (2016)






Directed by: Robert Zemeckis

Written by: Steven Knight

Starring: Brad Pitt & Marion Cotillard




So first off, I didn't think this film was that great.  My main reason for it was that I didn't think Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard had chemistry.  They are both great actors, but it felt like they were trying to outshine each other.  I think someone else should have played Cotillard's character because her presence was too big and it was this constant battle of who was the bigger star.

Also their relationship to me wasn't that believable.  Cotillard seemed too sophisticated for Pitt.  Was it just me?

Nevertheless, it is true to the trailers where you are guessing whether she is a spy the whole time.  It wasn't until the end where you are finally relieved of the guessing.

In addition, the locations were great and the costume design was beautiful.  But the film did drag in the middle and the ending was just "What?"  I thought the ending was not built up enough, but maybe it was just me.

3 popcorns.


No comments:

Post a Comment