Popcorn vs Kernel

5 Popcorns = Must see!
4 Popcorns = You'll probably like it.
3 Popcorns = Go in the morning when there are cheaper ticket prices.
2 Popcorns = Maybe rent it.
1 Popcorn = Wait for a friend to rent it and watch it with them.
Kernel = Don't see it at all. Ever.

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Captain America: Civil War (2016)




Directed by: Anthony Russo & Joe Russo

Written by: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Mark Millar (comic book), Joe Simon (characters), & Jack Kirby (characters)

Starring: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., & Scarlett Johansson






Finally a Captain American film I like.  The truth is, I don't really like Captain America, but I always watched his films because if you miss one, in the next one you're like "who the hell is that?"  And you're practically lost for the first half of the film as they try to catch you up.

This happened to me when I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron.  I had yet to watch Captain America: Winter Soldier and I was looking around the theater feeling lost.

Anyway, I wish that these films had a "Previously on..." so that way I could remember what happened in the previous film.  During the beginning of this one, I was trying to remember and while the writers do give you subtle hints as to what happened, I wish it was more prominent.

Nevertheless, about twenty minutes into the movie I remembered.  The only reason I could, was because the beginning drags a little.  I was bored and confused as to what was going on.  Sure, there are fighting and action sequences that kept my attention, but I didn't understand why they were fighting.

Eventually it comes together and the plot as a whole is cohesive.

Despite my critiques above, I really liked it.  I thought the new Spiderman and Black Panther were amazing.  Talk about favorite new characters!  Plus the two fight scenes of Captain America versus Iron Man are awesome. I was leaning forward in my seat.  I'm Team Iron Man if you didn't know.  (Sorry Captain America fans.)  I just like Iron Man more for his unapologetic nature.  I don't know.  He just seems more real.

So overall this film is amazing.  Make sure to stay after the credits.  And by that I mean after the fancy ones and the regular ones.  There are two scenes.  4 popcorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment